Saturday, August 16, 2008

FINALLY

Last night Patrick and I were playing with Hailey on the floor, as usual. She started doing this thing where she stands up, wiggles around and then throws herself down really hard and then laughs. Well, as she was doing this she started standing longer and not throwing herself down. Patrick ran and got the video camera, I got the camera (of course) and waited. After I enticed her with a toy, she took EIGHT steps towards it! Eight whole steps on her first try! Patrick and I were so excited and even more happy because we can watch her first steps over and over again now on the video camera!
Once she figured out that she could walk, she was doing it a lot. Hailey's new favorite toy is a ball (she so belongs in this sporty family) and she was taking several steps towards it last night!

3 comments:

West and Darci said...

That's awesome that you got her first steps on camera. I've never got any of my kids first steps on camera. They usually will just surspise you when they finally decide that they are going to do it.

Anonymous said...

It was good seeing you yesterday. Hailey is beautiful. She will be running in no time.

Chris & Jessi said...

NICE! You are dang lucky you got that on video.