Favorite words this month:
ear, butt, ice, banana, blankie, poo poo, pee pee, mouth, want, outside, diaper, Amy (Aunt Amy is so thrilled), Elmo, elk and deer. These are just a few!
It is almost impossible to write down each new word because she is getting to the point where she echos you and likes to repeat what you say!
New things this month:
- Aunt Amy watched Hailey for me one day and while she was at Walmart she picked Hailey up a new blanket. I could kill her for it. The blanket is so big and Hailey was instantly attached to it. She takes the dang thing everywhere, to bed, to the table, outside, into stores. Most of the time she is tripping over the thing because it is ENORMOUS. If you see Hailey her blankie is there too. My cousin Angie bought Hailey a smaller blankie that she is now addicted to as well, but instead of me getting away with just one blankie, she now has to have two! It's cute, but also annoying!
- My dad has taught Hailey how to identify an elk and a deer and how to tell the difference between the two. When he says "elk", she points to the elks on his wall. When he says "deer", she points to the deer. She also says "bang bang" when she points to them! I am sure my dad is VERY proud that she can do this!
- She would eat a banana for each meal if I let her! Patrick and I have to hide the bananas from plain sight otherwise she starts yelling "banana" and we have to give her one to get her to be quiet!
- She loves pictures and likes to point mommy, daddy and herself out in each one. It is cute to hear her say her own name!
- She is still obsessed with shoes, all shoes. It does not matter what kind they are or how big they are, she has to put them on her feet and walk around in them!
- Hailey could spend her ENTIRE day outside. She loves it. She is always asking to go outside! My grandma's house is the best for playing outside, it is like a jungle for kids!
- She loves the shower. She laughs hysterically when the water tickles her. Patrick and I have to drag her out of the water. When she is in the bath and we tell her it's time to get out she tries to scoot as far away from us as possible and throws a fit when we take her out!
- The funniest thing she has been doing lately is telling us when she is about to go poop. She looks at us and just says "poo-poo" and we know what we are soon in store for! Maybe she will be easy to potty train... yeah right!
- Hailey has been putting two or more words together to tell us what she wants. She mainly just says. "I want" and then puts a word behind it! "I want more", "I want outside", "I want ball", " I want wawa"(water), "I want up".......(you get the idea). She sure is demanding!
- Hailey is very stubborn and knows exactly what she wants! I like that she can tell us when she wants to eat, got to bed, or go outside. I was always unsure of when she might be getting hungry or tired and now she just tells us! The best part is that when she says "night night" she really does go right to bed and for the WHOLE night! She is so easy!
2 comments:
Sounds like Flash with the banannas. They are his favorite! He would eat them for every meal too if I let him. Hailey is so cute! She is getting so big. Don't they grow so fast? Looks like it's time for another. :)
Aww. so sorry about Tom. That's heartbreaking. Thanks for sharing all Hailey's latest developments. Helps me feel more a part of her growing up (which I agree is happening way to fast). I love that butt is one of her words. She's so your daughter : o ) And I love the blankies. I think that's so sweet. Lily doesn't want to go anywhere without hers either.
Post a Comment