Friday, September 26, 2008

Disaster

Hailey has been having a spell of bad luck lately! This is how our week went...

Sunday- We were waiting for a table at IHOP and next thing I know I hear Hailey screaming because her finger got slammed in the door. My heart stopped! It was big, blue and swollen immediately!
Monday- Hailey was playing in her crib because she is infatuated with it, and I turned around to get a book and next thing I know I am watching her fall head first to the ground.
Tuesday- She was sick of her high chair so Patrick and I let her sit at the table with us. We were both right there and she fell head first (of course) onto our tile floor.
Wednesday- We were eating dinner at my mom and dads house and Hailey slipped and hit her nose on the table. The bridge of her nose had a scratch and bruise shortly after!

No matter how much people have tried to comfort me and tell me it is a normal thing and that all kids go through their "getting hurt" phase it still makes me feel like a horrible mom. There is nothing worse than watching your child be in pain (knowing you could have possibly prevented it) and not being able to take the hurt away!

7 comments:

LuDLoW LiFe said...

She is so cute in all the other posts. I can't believe how well she talks, that is amazing.

I hear ya about seeing your child in pain. It is awful. The worst feeling in the world. This is the worst stage, I think because they are so curious and just can't sit still. Well at least you didn't end up in the ER huh!

Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up. Babies got hurt all the time. It is good for them. teaches them a little fear. :)

The Praters said...

I hate when they get hurt! I keep telling myself that we all lived through it, so they will too. She is so dang cute!

Courtney M said...

Oh sad! I am so stressed already about Scarlett getting hurt. I loved your last post about all the cute things Hailey is doing. She is so darn cute!

Jenny said...

I totally feel your pain. It's so sad to watch them get hurt. But you guys are awesome parents so don't hold onto that guilt. I'm glad to know it seems to be a normal part of development. We just can't protect them from all the injuries as much as we would like to.

The Norwood Family said...

It really happens all the time! Heath Master is the MASTER at disaster!

LuDLoW LiFe said...

We got our family pictures up here in Utah. I will try and think if I know anyone down there that does pictures!