Thursday, September 10, 2009

One Month...Already!


Today Tyler is one month old and I can't believe how fast it has gone by even with no sleep! He is growing like a weed and such a good baby! It has been so weird getting used to little boy "parts" and changing diapers. I don't care what anyone says, a little boy is much harder to change than a little girl! Patrick and I have been peed on many times, even Uncle Jed was a victim to the automatic sprinkler. People would warn me, but I had no idea that it would be so bad! Tyler LOVES his baths and seems to relax (and pee) each time he gets one. He is a SUPER noisy sleeper. He is constantly grunting and making what I call "goat noises." I am surprised at how well he can hold his head up and move around at such a young age. I love to see his little face smiling, even if it is just gas, and he seems to smile a lot. It is the best when I start to talk to him and you can tell in his eyes that he knows that I am his mom. He is starting to make silly little noises (besides crying) and the funniest one he makes is almost like a quick yell. He has to sleep in his swing because he is spitting up so much, something I will NOT miss when it is gone. Hailey loves him to pieces and is constantly kissing him and touching him, which he seems to love. Even when he is crying he calms down if she starts talking to him. While riding in the car she has to hold his hand and is always wanting to help do something for him!

Here are some funny stories about Hailey and Tyler....

When Aunt Amy was holding Tyler she called him handsome and Hailey said to her, " No, his name not handsome, his name is my brother."

The other day I was holding Tyler and reading to Hailey when out of nowhere she says, "Mommy, can we keep him." I asked her who, and she replied, " My brother, the one your holding, I want to keep him." I guess it is a good thing that she doesn't want to get rid of him!

Happy One Month Birthday Tyler, we love you! XOXO

2 comments:

The Talbot Family said...

He is so stinkin cute!!

Anonymous said...

Have to agree. Boys are harder to change then girls. I'm still tryig to figure it out. Cole pees every time he gets in the tub too. So funny. Little baby boys ae so much fun.