Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Birthday!



I can't even believe my baby is already one? She sure is a joy! Last year on our anniversary Patrick and I went into the hospital and the next day Hailey was born. She was only 5lbs 6oz and 18in then, but she sure has grown. Yesterday we took her to the doctor and she was 21lbs and 29in. Each day she is learning a new word or words and is doing something new that makes Patrick and I bust up laughing. She loves to smile and laugh and is always happy. She is so sweet!
Here are some words that Hailey can say so far:
Mama, Daddy, Dog, Papa, Hi (All the time), Moon, Thank you (SO CUTE), Hailey, Ball, Ut Oh, No-No, Turtle, Please, More, That, Yeah, and Baby.
It is so cute because she knows what each word means and she uses them in perfect context. Her favorite word right now is "Hi". She says it every time she sees animals and people, even strangers. She will just wave and give them a great big "hi". She also will say it as soon as I put the phone to her ear. My dad loves to give her the phone and listen to her say "hi" in her really excited voice! It really is adorable!
Hailey loves books. She likes to be read to and also likes to read to herself. It is cute to listen to baby babble when she tries to read. She just mixes up every sound imaginable into something that makes complete sense to her.
I love it when she says "thank you". She says it almost every time you hand something to her. It is the sweetest thing! I love it when she is really sleepy and I give her something and in a really soft voice she says "thank you". It melts my heart!
I can't believe how one little baby can change so much. I posted a picture from every month so everyone could see how fast she has grown and how much she has changed. I love every minute that I get to spend with her. She has a contagious personality and no matter what is going on or what mood you want to be in, you can't help but be happy around her!
Dear Hailey, Daddy and Mommy love you to the moon and back sweet Hailey! Thank you for making our first year as parents so wonderful. We are looking forward to many many many more years as your mommy and daddy. We are so lucky to have you in our lives! Happy First Birthday! xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow- Where did that year go? I can't believe she is already 1.

She is such a cutie!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!