Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Wizard of Oz

Hailey has developed an absolute obsession with the movie The Wizard of Oz. My mom and dad had the book at their house and every now and then she would read it and get so excited. I decided to borrow the movie from my cousin and give it a go. I was thinking she would treat it like anything else on the T.V. and it would hold her interest for about 3 seconds and she would be running off trying to do something else. NOPE! She will watch that movie all day long if we would let her! It is a sickness! She has picked up so many cute things from the movie,
Some of my favorites are...
  • She will say, "Scarecrow need brain, Tin Man need heart, Lion need courage and Dorothy, she just want to go home."
  • Sometimes when she wakes up in the morning before she calls me to come get her I can hear her singing, "Follow the Yellow Brick Road!"
  • When we are driving and she starts to get sleepy she says, "I want go home and sleep in my crib. There's no place like home."
  • The scene in the movie where the Tin Man starts to cry, Hailey will say, "Don't cry Tin Man, you"ll rust."
  • She is always begging my to let her put her "pretty Dorothy dress" on.
  • My dad had to take her shopping to try and find ruby red slippers because Hailey kept telling him over and over again... "I want Dorothy shoes." They ended up finding them at a yard sale and I can't keep the things off her feet!

It seems that every time she watches the movie she will pick something new up! You know we have watched the movie WAY TOO many times at our house when Patrick can sing every song in the movie word for word without missing a beat!

No comments: