Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's a . . .

On March 9th Patrick, Hailey and I went to find out if Hailey was going to have a baby brother or a baby sister. The technician started out checking to make sure everything was healthy and it was! =) She then showed us the baby's feet and said "wow, this one has huge feet". In my mind I was thinking, oh poor little girl, she is going to have big feet. Then she went between the legs to find out what it is and sure enough, she told us we were having a new baby
BOY!
Patrick and I were both in shock when she gave us the news. I was absolutely convinced that I was having another girl and I think Patrick was expecting a little girl as well. When we told Hailey that she can't call it a baby sister anymore because she was having a brother she got mad at us and said, "no, baby sister". ha ha! She was convinced he was a girl too. She would rub my tummy and kiss it and say, "hi baby sister". She STILL DOES! We are slowly working on her getting used to the fact that it is a brother! I am sure once he gets here she will be so excited and won't care, that is what we are hoping anyway! =)
I am excited to be having a boy but part of me is really NERVOUS! Hailey is all I know and she is so EASY! She is also ALL girl! She likes to get her toes painted, loves new shoes, and hates to get dirty!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

YAY! How exciting! We are so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I knew it was a boy in target the other day. I love having a boy. He has been so much fun. Your family was due for antoher boy. poor Wes is out numbered.

Congratulations!!!