Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Potty trained... I HOPE!

So this past weekend Patrick and I decided to let Hailey run around naked and try to use the big girl potty. She ended up going pee all over herself ONCE and decided that she did not like that at all. So from then on she would make a noise like, "uh huh" and just kind of freeze with her eyes wide open. It didn't take us long to decide that she was letting us know she had to go potty. Going "number 2" was a little bit more of a challenge because it would scare her. The whole time she would try she would look at me and ask, "It's OK mommy?" She decided it wasn't so bad after a few attempts and me telling her over and over again that she would be OK. The best part was after she was finished she would stick her head half way in the toilet and YELL "Bye-Bye Poo Poo" as she flushed! We went the whole weekend and the last few days accident free. She loves to let everyone know how big she is by running out of the bathroom saying, "I such a big girl." I am sure it won't be this easy but it is a great start to potty training success!
Way to go Hailey! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you for being such a big girl!

No comments: